sumo

News from Spain
NEWS FROM SPAIN is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.


Tuesday 8 March 2011

'Poison gas! Poison gas! Gadhafi is using poison gas!' one of the fighters told me."


01:31 |

A wake-up call in Libya's Ras Lanuf  "'Down! Down!' the man at my hotel room door said. It was 4:30 a.m. Monday in Ras Lanuf, and I had hoped to get a decent night's sleep for the first time in weeks. Yet again, my hopes were dashed.
Through the haze of sleep deprivation and exhaustion, I could say nothing. I understood nothing.
The staff of the Fadeel Hotel was going from room to room, telling guests -- journalists only -- that they had to leave, at once.
I quickly dressed, packed my bag, and went downstairs.
It was still pitch black outside, and the lobby was teeming with still photographers, cameramen, translators, fixers, producers and print and TV reporters, all trying to understand why the urgent need to leave.
Libya conflict moves closer to capital The young and inexperienced go to war Opposition at work in Benghazi Thousands trying to leave Libya
There were plenty of rumors, and no facts.
Warning Poison Gas D6'Poison gas! Poison gas! Gadhafi is using poison gas!' one of the fighters told me."


You Might Also Like :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

:Text may be subject to copyright.This blog does not claim copyright to any such text. Copyright remains with the original copyright holder.

Your Links

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...